Additional button

Questions, information and comments about the MIJC forum or website.
todd watkins
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Todd Watkins
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/watkins-todd-kathy/

Additional button

Post by todd watkins »

Can we have a "read before asking" tech button? Like death wobble gets asked alot.Maybe this will help some newbys or as a refresher of what to. just a thought after reading the last post in Tech questions

2002: w/Warn winch,Pacer rims 15x10,Boggers-35x14.5,4WD's 3" lift kit.
W_A_Watson_II
Full Name: Will Watson
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/watson-william/

Re: Additional button

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

So create a Tech Bulletin and sticky post it to the top of the section, sounds like a good idea, who will write the definitive for the first subject?
Thanks,
Will
1993 Jeep Wrangler (Ok yes it's a YJ)
1953 Dodge M37 (No it's not a Jeep)
1946 & 1949 Dodge Power Wagons
wdln
Web Admin
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Post by wdln »

Good idea... someone just needs to author such a thing. I (or any of the moderators, I think) can then make it "sticky". Another option would be to post articles on the main website, which I'd also be happy to accommodate if someone writes something up or collates the information from existing forum articles. It might be difficult to cover all the popular topics though.

While I'm up here on the soapbox, I'd also love to see more project journals and other content on the main site besides just our event announcements. I try to keep it lively with the production log posts and some of my own projects. Please let me know if you've got any ideas. I try to post one article per week, but the production log runs out in August sometime!

Anyway, back to the forum... Smarter advice, in my opinion, would be to do a keyword search before posting to see if the subject has already been addressed. The search function is in the top banner and it does work. So does searching on the main website. Or just a good old Google search. It's generally considered to be good "netiquette" to search before posting.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
TheShift

Post by TheShift »

You guys could save a lot of work and use this one from jeepforum

third post down... i am sure if i talk to militaryjk he wouldn't mind..

just a thought...

I think it is mostly for jk's though...but each sub forum for each type of jeep has a tech sticky like this
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

TheShift wrote:You guys could save a lot of work and use this one from jeepforum

third post down... i am sure if i talk to militaryjk he wouldn't mind..

just a thought...

I think it is mostly for jk's though...but each sub forum for each type of jeep has a tech sticky like this
Which is part of the problem with a stickey. We do not have vehicle specific forums.
If we put a stickey on the top page about installing a body lift then someone with a Cherokee may be confused.
Same with a SOA. TJ guys may not know what it is and how it would apply or not apply to their vehicle.
SYE CJ guys ect.
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
TheShift

Post by TheShift »

Yup... there is a lot of stuff out there...