PM messages question

Questions, information and comments about the MIJC forum or website.
DrDirt
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: John Bruder

PM messages question

Post by DrDirt »

Hey WDLN, I haven't sent a PM in quite awhile. I tried tonite, and the PM's appear in my 'outbox'. What do I have to do to get them to go to 'Sent' or is that automatic at some pont? Thanks, John B.
2018 Rubicon JL 2 dr, 1947 CJ2A Street Cruiser, 1983 CJ7 The Original Dr. Dirt, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler / Home - Rural Metamora, Ill [/color]/
wdln
Web Admin
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Re: PM messages question

Post by wdln »

Outbox is ok and normal. This allows you to "un-send" a message (by deleting it from your outbox) as long as the recipient hasn't read it yet. Once they read it, it should disappear from your outbox.

This is a unique feature that standard email does not support. We had a first-generation in-house email system that worked this way years ago at WEEK-25. I had a hothead boss who would send nasty emails to the general manager on occasion after directing the 10:00 newscast (he would be mad about something that went wrong during the show that he thought needed to be fixed from the top down). He'd go home, then re-think it and come back in during the wee hours to un-send or revise the email before it was read. Classic.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
DrDirt
Full Name: John Bruder

Re: PM messages question

Post by DrDirt »

Thanks Dave, messages are being received as you say! jdb
2018 Rubicon JL 2 dr, 1947 CJ2A Street Cruiser, 1983 CJ7 The Original Dr. Dirt, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler / Home - Rural Metamora, Ill [/color]/