Forum back up

Questions, information and comments about the MIJC forum or website.
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Forum back up

Post by wdln »

A shout-out to new member Ron Stake, who reported that he couldn't see any of the MIJC forums today. Actually nobody could; the database that stores all the forum information was corrupt, and it was denying permission to view any forums to all registered users. It's now back up, but in looking through our settings and the PHPBB website, I found that they are no longer updating our version of the forum. We are on 3.0, and they have abandoned it for 3.1. It doesn't sound like a big difference, but upgrading requires some major changes to the forum and its supporting files, and it will also break all the cool little mods I've made over the years: the mobile-optimized version, the "return to the MIJC home page" link and MIJC logo in the blue bar, the links to member pages, and the anti-spam measures I've put into place, among other smaller items.

So at some point in the near future I'll have to work on this, and it will probably require taking the forum down for a few hours. Or maybe a few days, if it doesn't go well. We probably have all the features we really need, but it's important to keep the forum software up to date so that it doesn't get hacked; security patches are always part of the updates they release.

I'll post my intentions ahead of time.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
TSEJEEPERS
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Re: Forum back up

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

Thank for the heads up!
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier