Meeting Minutes - September 2012

Meeting minutes and other club information.
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Meeting Minutes - September 2012

Post by wdln »

No treasurer’s report (absent)

Old business

Hog Eat - thanks to the Stearnes

Redbird – labor day - nobody went

Wheelin’ World – Arkansas - currently going on

New business

Washita – Sept 29

Swap meet location and if we even need to have it was discussed. It was decided to start a discussion on the forum (see here)

Duke’s Off-road Ranch – Oct 27 - Steve is weighing work options and will let us know. Date may be moved or the outing may be cancelled.

Start thinking about MIJC Officer Elections. Nominations close at the Nov. 3 meeting with elections in December. Positions up for election: Todd (VP), Jill (Treasurer), Jon (Safety). All are eligible for 2nd term

Our next meeting: 10/6 (Swap Meet - location TBD)

Meeting adjourned.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Re: Meeting Minutes - September 2012

Post by wdln »

I posted the meeting minutes as-is, but there are several important changes to be noted. First, I misspoke at the meeting... Todd, Jill and Jon are actually all at the end of their second terms. I had to look it up in our old meeting minutes from November 2008, which shows they were nominated at that time (the December minutes where we actually voted them in are missing for whatever reason, but the point is made). As per our bylaws, none of them are eligible to be re-elected for a third term, so we'll need to consider nominations for the positions of Vice President, Treasurer and Safety Coordinator. Nominations for these positions will be closed at the end of the November meeting. I apologize for the screw-up.

For more detail on the duties of these positions, consult the MIJC bylaws. If you are interested in serving the club in one of these roles, get someone to nominate you! You should also make a point of being at the November and December meetings.

Also, as you've probably read in another thread, Steve has taken a job in Utah for the next couple months, so the October 27th outing to Steve's house is cancelled. If you have an idea for a replacement trip, post up.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .