Rocker guards

Post here for all your technical questions or comments. - Jeep Only
Fortcoyote
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Patrick Boyer

Rocker guards

Post by Fortcoyote »

I am beginning to develop a plan for my JKU Rubicon 2016. My plan is to build a modest jeep for the badlands/cliffs and other similar trails. I am 59 and have arthritic knees so I am not sure how much lift I can really go. This is my daily driver and I often take 4-6 hour drives to see relatives. As I develop my plan, I thought some rocker guards might be a good first step. I know the rubi has rocker guards already, but it looks like I could use something better if I really plan to take advantage of the trips and friends the club offers. Travel and work has prevented me from attending as many meetings and events as I would like to this point. Any thoughts or suggestion on my first steps? I have put a CB in already, have a fire extinguisher, recovery straps, d rings, first aid kit, tools and minor recovery stuff. Although I am sure I will learn more as I off road with you. Currently running BFG Mud Terrains..... I have stashed away quite a bit (to me) to begin my off road mods. I would look to engine mods but I am afraid I might void the remaining warranty. Or if you have suggestions for my plan that would be great too. BTW, I went to the Badlands in June and got the new jeep scratched and dented. Not too bad, but noticeable. It was a GREAT first experience. Everything I could hope for.... I know I shouldn't go alone, but I couldn't wait. I had a great time with one of my sons, but the wife was not too happy!!!! But that's okay, I bought it to have fun, not look good. Thanks for your help.
tchpet
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Shannon Duling
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/a-d/duling-shannon/

Re: Rocker guards

Post by tchpet »

I have the Ace ones on my 2dr. They work well with the Rubicon factory guards and are pretty reasonable in price. I beat the heck out of mine and they have held up great. Link to the 4dr ones: https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/mo ... _p_15.html

They also make a nice step, which is a great thing for short guys like me!

Shannon
autenredjku
Full Name: Tim Auten

Post by autenredjku »

I don't want you to think your question has fallen on deaf ears. alot of thought needs to go back to you. what are your needs and wants. what appearance do you want.. pesonal taste is a factor. what works for me... may not be what you want. if you want to keep your rubi rails on... some, like ace engineering can be bolted on and give clearance to leave your rails on.. I have smittybilt src with the step. (kids,dog, short wife. ).. some like poison spyder are boatside.. it really comes down to your preferences and style. when you find a product you are interested in.. maybe ask if others have it and if they like it. it is ultimately your jeep, your build. check out catalogs like 4wd, 4wheel parts, quadratec, extteme terrain, northridge 4x4... see what is out there you like.
TSEJEEPERS
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

MIJC members get a discount at www.4wd.com
You must phone in your order to get the discount.
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
Fortcoyote
Full Name: Patrick Boyer

Post by Fortcoyote »

Great comments and thoughts on my questions. I really appreciate the additional questions I need to consider. Maybe I really need to look at more club members jeeps and talk to them about pro's and cons and then really consider my needs.