Check here for updates on MIJC Events.
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Duke's Independence Day Roundup

Post by wdln »

A big thanks to Steve Vohs for once again opening up his home and land to a bunch of muddy club members for a great weekend. Present: Myself and Carrie, Frasier, Mickey, Matt Brown, Dan and Jan Brown, Bill Gangloff, Jeff Hopwood, Bob Lamb, Joe and Danielle Langan, Andy Gennette, Will Watson, Tom, Sally and Chance, Jim and Michelle, Steve (of course) and a special guest appearance Saturday night by Donnie Bevfoden.

The weather was REALLY hot but we braved the temperatures for some good wheeling. The trails were wet enough to keep things interesting. Photos from this event and a bunch of others will be up later today. Damage report: Dan Brown's 258 developed a mysterious, intermittent, seemingly heat-related electrical issue early in the going on Saturday. Matt Brown broke a front axle u-joint, as usual (yeah Matt, I said AS USUAL :D ). I think I took the prize for the weekend though with a crazy wheelie going up Widowmaker Hill that resulted in a broken front axle u-joint and a slipping transmission. By the time I made it back to the house I had no working forward gears, and had to winch it onto the trailer. Thanks to everyone who helped with that. Oddly, "Drive" was working again when I unloaded it from the trailer today, so it's probably something heat-related.

Saturday evening we roasted hot dogs and watched a killer fireworks show in the driveway that was loud enough to wake the dead, then watched a couple movies inside after we got sick of the heat and the bugs. It did rain pretty hard overnight but even the tent-campers stayed relatively dry. Well, except for Matt, who wanted to see how much water the bowed roof of his tent could hold. (answer: it holds plenty until it caves in on you.)

When we left this morning there was some debate over whether people were going back out today for more wheeling... what did you guys end up doing?

Once again thanks to Steve and also for Sally's usual food preparation... Carrie and I had a blast.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Re: Duke's Independence Day Roundup

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

Sunday ended up being a movie day thanks to Donnie Bevfoden. It was just way too hot and humid during the afternoon to go out. After the rain during the night, they figured that the trails would probably just be a little more difficult to run and went with plan B. We did have a few rain sprinkles during the afternoon and early evening. It cooled down in the early evening, so we were able to enjoy sitting on the deck and playing a few games of Scene It .
Thanks to everyone who came down . Hope everyone had a great time despite the super warm tempertures!
Dave , thanks for being the Skillet Master on sunday morning and a big thanks to those who helped out with all the other little K.P. duties!!!
Steve, Thanks again for hosting another great weekend of wheeling!

Sally
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
mrh316
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Mickey Hendricks

Post by mrh316 »

Thanks again Duke for a great time. It was awesome. Good food and people.
1979 CJ-7 (Well, mostly)
vlucdog
Full Name: Bill Gangloff
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/bill-vicki-gangloff/

Post by vlucdog »

I was only there Saturday, had a great day with everybody .Thanks Duke.

Bill
83- cj7, 80-cj5, 77 cj5 for parts