Any DuraSolid Customers?

Post here for all your technical questions or comments. - Jeep Only
matt4wheels
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Matt Adams

Any DuraSolid Customers?

Post by matt4wheels »

I'm curious if anyone has ever purchased anything from the drivetrain parts supplier DuraSolid? I haven't personally but I'm in the market for a spindle for an axle project. For a little quick and dirty background, DuraSolid use to be the major supplier for Randy's R&P Yukon Line up until late 2008 or so when they were dismissed for repeated quality and shipping issues (India based). Despite losing the contract with Randy's, the company has continued producing various drivetrain products selling them under the name DuraSolid using the origional Yukon product specs. The spindle in question is being sold at almost half that of a spicer unit but is advertised as being produced using SAE 1541 steel and double heat treated. The key dimensions match that of spicer as well. In reading it seems that most aftermarket axle retailers dismiss DuraSolid's product saying it's junk but there's also consumer reports saying they've had no problems. The company's sales through ebay also show 100% feedback based on 630 responses over the past 12 months. For someting like an axle shaft or a locker, I honestly wouldn't run the risk of using the questionable company but I'm on the fence with the idea of giving their spindle a try. Has anyone had any experience with this company and their products? It would be the same pre 2009 quality you would have experienced with most Yukon product. Thanks
06 LJ
13 F250 PowerStroke
Duke Winch
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Steve Vohs
Member page: http://www.mijc.org/members/u-z/vohs-steve/

Re: Any DuraSolid Customers?

Post by Duke Winch »

You stated it's made from "SAE 1541 steel and double heat treated". What is the Spicer piece made from?

Steve
2000 TJ, D60s, 38" TSLs, 4:1 Transfer Case, 4 link rear, 3 link front, 9" stretch, hydro steering
Duke's Off Road...Where if you don't have an engineering problem, We'll design one for you!
Duke's Off Road Ranch - Closed for winter