Rubicon/Moab/Ouray Trifecta

Announcements and info for events and outings not on the MIJC schedule.
jpet
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Jeff Petrowich

Rubicon/Moab/Ouray Trifecta

Post by jpet »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some of my adventures last week out west. I met a group of flatty friends and we did the Rubicon trai. On the way back we stopped in Moab for a day and then Ouray.

Rubicon:

Moab:

Ouray:

Ouray is my favorite landscape in the world. I've done Black Bear / Imogene 5 times in the last 4 years but this is the first time I did them in the rain. Kinda special.
CJ2A 10910
CJ2A 29110 "Gen'l Willys"
MB 204827 "BAM BAM"

My Videos
LarryWilson
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Larry Wilson
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/wilson-larry-jennifer/

Re: Rubicon/Moab/Ouray Trifecta

Post by LarryWilson »

Awesome videos! Looks like you had a great time. The roll over almost looked like it was in slow motion. Can't wait to chat about it in person. Someday I will take a trip like that.

Larry
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

Wow Jeff you really get around!
How long did this trip take you?
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
jpet

Post by jpet »

We left Friday morning the 27th. One of the jeeps came from Virginia and met me at my house the night before. We made it to the Loon Lake entrance Sunday afternoon (29th) and started into the trail. Camped and Ellis Creek Sunday night. The guy in the prototype 3B “X98” is from New York. He met us at the Loon Lake entrance. Monday morning we made it to Rubicon Springs for camp and We were off the trail by Tuesday noon. Drove back to our trailers, loaded up and headed to Moab. Got to Moab on Wednesday night. Did Hell’s Revenge Thursday. We started early because by the time we got off the trail it was 105 degrees. Trailered up and headed to Ouray. Did the Black Bear/Imogene loop on Friday. It rained on us all the way up to the BB summit and then fog and scattered rain off and on. I didn’t mind it because I have done those trails several times but never in the rain. Made it back home 4 am Sunday morning. Wish I could meet you guys at Badlands this weekend but I gotta catch up on my honeydo list. Hope to see some of you at the Willys Reunion in Fulton. Thx 4 watching.
CJ2A 10910
MB 204827 "BAM BAM"

My Videos
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

That is a lot of miles for that short of a time!
How many miles total?
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
jpet

Post by jpet »

4300 not counting the miles in the jeep. I hauled two jeeps out there. BAM BAM and the white CJ3A "Cowbell"
CJ2A 10910
MB 204827 "BAM BAM"

My Videos