Check here for updates on MIJC Events.
LarryWilson
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Larry Wilson
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/wilson-larry-jennifer/

Badlands Trip 11/23

Post by LarryWilson »

Hello All,

Our last scheduled off-road trip is to the Badlands in Attica, Indiana on Saturday, November 23rd. The parks hours are 9 am to 5 pm. Entry fee is $25 for the driver and $10 per passenger for the day. Flags are required but if you don't have one, don't worry. You can purchase one there or if you give a shout out on the forum I am sure that you can borrow one. Don't forget that Indiana is in the eastern time zone, so they are an hour ahead of us.

Post up if you are going!

I will not be going, I have a prior commitment out of town.

Larry
komats
MIJC Secretary
MIJC Secretary
Full Name: Rose Bortolussi
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/a-d/bortolussi-rose/

Re: Badlands Trip 11/23

Post by komats »

I’ve been doing some minor work on Ducky with the goal to make this trip....I am very close, but if no one else is going I may extend my goal. Is anyone going?
snbstearns
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Susan and Brian Stearns

Post by snbstearns »

I was checking out the club's website. My husband and I are interested in joining on this trip. We're looking for a Jeep community to join and are interested in learning more about the club. Attica is relatively close to home for us (we're much closer to Attica than we are to Peoria). We're excited about seeing the park for the first time and having the opportunity to meet others in the Jeep family. Are others planning to go?

--Susan
Zakknaus
Full Name: Zak knaus

Post by Zakknaus »

My gf and I are planning on going but we don’t know what time everyone is heading there or if they are meeting up before hand.
LarryWilson
Full Name: Larry Wilson
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/wilson-larry-jennifer/

Post by LarryWilson »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The badlands off-road park is a great place for jeepers of all skill levels. They have a little bit of everything (hills, sand, rock, mud and water). Our trips out there vary every time. Unfortunately I will not be able to go on this trip as I will be out of town. And it appears that only a few people are able to go at the moment. But don’t count it out yet, just keep watching this post, we often have people add in at the last minute.

As far as when and where to meet, we usually meet in the parking lot about 9:30 am. (Remembering that Indiana is an hour ahead of us.). You will need to have a flag mounted to your jeep. But if you don’t have one, they do sell them there for about $20.

I hope that this information helps! And if this weekend is a bust, don’t worry. We often have members get a wheeling bug and have spur of the moment trips.

Hope to see you out on the trail soon!

Larry
Zakknaus
Full Name: Zak knaus

Post by Zakknaus »

Ok thank you ! Won’t be able to leave peoria until around 8 but hope to see anyone there who can make it.
snbstearns
MIJC Member: No
Full Name: Susan and Brian Stearns

Post by snbstearns »

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it out tomorrow as we have to go out of town for a funeral. I saw that the Badlands is on the calendar a few times in 2020. Hopefully we'll make it out to one of those. We live close enough to the Badlands that we'd be game for joining up with someone to hit the easier trails some other weekend.