Post about anything you want.
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

TJ rust issues

Post by wdln »

I just took a look at a friend's '98 TJ with the typical bad frame rot from the rear control arm mounts on back. His daughter has been using it as a daily driver but the frame looks about ready to crack in half near the control arm mounts. He doesn't have the skills to do the work himself nor the money to pay someone else, so he's probably going to list it for sale and kick the can down the road.

Includes two new front fenders to replace the rusted-out units currently on it. Tub and floors look decent. Mechanically sound 4-banger 5-speed with a new power steering pump and alternator. I'm guessing as a 4-cyl it has 4.56 gears in the axles. Hard and soft tops, full hard doors, sweet 4" chrome tube bumpers front and rear. Interior is nice. No lift, alloy wheels with fairly new all-terrain tires. Everything underneath, from the rear of the transmission skid plate on back, would probably need to be addressed in some way (frame, brake lines, control arms and mounts, shock mounts, etc). If someone's looking for a project TJ to build, this is it.

If you think you might be interested, let me know. I'll post a link to the listing if he ends up going that route.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Re: TJ rust issues

Post by wdln »

Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .