NEW MEMBER......

Questions, information and comments about the MIJC forum or website.
Robert Horacek

NEW MEMBER......

Post by Robert Horacek »

Hello all! Im interested in becoming a member of your club and i would like some more information on how to do so? thanks in advance... Robert H.
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Re: NEW MEMBER......

Post by wdln »

Welcome! If there's a specific question we can answer, ask away. Otherwise, you may want to visit this page on our main site, which is a good comprehensive spot to find out general information about the club and download an application if you're interested. Dues are pro-rated for the remainder of the calendar year, so it would cost about $12.50 to join now.
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
Robert Horacek

Post by Robert Horacek »

The questions i have are after filling out the application who do i give give it to? who gets the money? where do i turn all this in at? Also, i started going over the checklist and i see some issues that might draw attention! For instance i don't have a fire extinguisher, i have a cracked windshield, and i also don't have rear access tow points! There maybe more issues im just covering the few quick ones i seen. Thank you for any help you can give me!
todd watkins
Full Name: Todd Watkins
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/watkins-todd-kathy/

Post by todd watkins »

Must of the equipment is necessary when wheelin.It's more of a guideline to help to be prepared for whatever happens. You may never use a fire extinguisher,but someone else may on the trail.Tow hook(s) both front and back is helpful. Just think to yourself , "what if".I've learned over the years what to have.Kathy always ask why i pack so much.I always tell her just in case.We do a once a year inspection to look over your jeep. I hope this helped u. Are u coming to Didley's? You can bring the dues then.

2002: w/Warn winch,Pacer rims 15x10,Boggers-35x14.5,4WD's 3" lift kit.
Robert Horacek

Post by Robert Horacek »

I've only been out in the mud once and it took 4 hours and several attempts to get me out so i understand the importance of a tow hook! Sure i can bring my dues out to didley's but first you have to tell me what it is exactly and how to get there and when? Do i need to fill out that application and turn that in as well or is that done at a later time? thanks....
wdln
Web Admin
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Post by wdln »

You can bring your application to the meeting this weekend, or (as is printed on the application itself) you can mail it to Jill Stearnes, our Treasurer. Her address is at the bottom of the application, which can be downloaded from the MIJC Info page I linked to above.

Every March we have inspections, which gets everyone to blow the dust off their rig and get a second or third pair of eyeballs on it. A lot of members spend the winter installing various mods on their Jeeps, so sometimes it's good to have someone else check your work. But we also check for more mundane stuff... working lights and horn, fluid leaks of all kinds, drivetrain issues, and safety gear like tow points, fire extinguishers and a first-aid kit. If you want, we can inspect your Jeep when you join. The form we use can also be downloaded from that same Info page.

None of this is a REQUIREMENT to go wheeling. But for your own sake (and for the sake of those around you) you'll want to make sure your rig is as safe as you can make it. Also, if your Jeep is mostly stock, not lifted and/or has smaller street-style tires, and you plan on wheeling it, you'll DEFINITELY want to make sure you have tow points at both ends so that it's easier to pull you out when you get stuck.

All the other information you've asked about can be found on the MIJC main site. There's an article at the top with a link to Didley's website as well as a Google Maps link to where it is. I did not put the meeting time, but it is on our Schedule page... 6pm. I would encourage you to explore the site some more... the answers to your questions are all there! 8)
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
Robert Horacek

Post by Robert Horacek »

Thank you for the info and im planning on being @ Didley's on saturday! I'll be the guy driving the red 07 2 dr who looks lost! see ya then! :mrgreen: