Pumpkin spice-flavored everything is here, and that must mean that Fall is still 2 months away. Here’s a rundown of the events coming up in October and November. You can always look further ahead in the calendar (or behind, if you like) by heading to the Schedule Page.
- Our regular meeting is replaced by a weenie roast, held at The Martin residence on October 5th. Time TBD; watch the forum.
The weekend of October 19th there’s a club trip scheduled to Potawatomi in Fulton, Missouri.See note below.
- The annual Duke’s Off-Road Ranch Halloween Run is scheduled for the weekend of November 2nd.
- Our normal first-Saturday-of-the-month meeting is pushed back to November 9th at 12pm at Avanti’s in Pekin, our regular winter meeting spot. This meeting is when we will need to nominate officers for the following year. The positions available this year are:
- President – currently held by Larry Wilson
- Secretary – currently held by Rose Bortolussi
- Events Coordinator – currently held by Jon Martin
- On November 23rd the club has a trip planned to The Badlands in Attica, Indiana.
All three officers were elected in 2017 and are eligible to serve a second two-year term if they agree to it. In the event of multiple candidates nominated for a position, elections will be held at the December meeting. Unopposed candidates will be approved for office at the December meeting. All of these procedures, along with the duties of each officer position, can be found in our bylaws.
Due to a large part of the land at Potawatomi being sold off and no longer available for wheeling, there is talk of changing this trip to a new park, also in central Missouri. See the forum for details.