June 25-28

Announcements and info for events and outings not on the MIJC schedule.
foxridersco05

Re: June 25-28

Post by foxridersco05 »

I'm glad everyone made it home alright, and Tim got another good day of wheelin in!

Here's all the pics I got. They're not too impressive but whatever haha. No pics of Todd, sorry. I guess that's the downside to being the tailgunner.

And the obligatory ramp pic :D

If you guys got any pics, post em up!
foxridersco05

Post by foxridersco05 »

Well I've been drivin my truck for the last couple weeks, and my slave cylinder is now losing fluid. I believe the swim was the culprit. Looks like I'm pullin my trans this weekend YAY!!! :(
wdln
Web Admin
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Dave Lennie
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/k-o/lennie-dave-carrie/

Post by wdln »

You have to pull the transmission to get at the slave cylinder?
Image___Image___Image___Image
. . . . . . '83 CJ-7 . . . . . . . . . . . . '89 Grand Wagoneer . . . . . . . . '78 Postal DJ-5 . . . . . . . . '99 Grand Cherokee ZJ . .
moparkenny
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Kenny Wright
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/kenny-jennifer-wright/

Post by moparkenny »

DSC00739.JPG
DSC00739.JPG (2.49 MiB) Viewed 9596 times
DSC00749.JPG
DSC00749.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 9596 times
DSC00746.JPG
DSC00746.JPG (2.56 MiB) Viewed 9596 times
DSC00741.JPG
DSC00741.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 9596 times
Here is some of my better pics. Adam has a bunch of good ones, I will try to get them.
Pertneer

Post by Pertneer »

foxridersco05 wrote:Well I've been drivin my truck for the last couple weeks, and my slave cylinder is now losing fluid. I believe the swim was the culprit. Looks like I'm pullin my trans this weekend YAY!!! :(
I hope you don't mind I posted a couple of the creek photos on my face book page. :D

If I get my front yoke fixed and the water out of the front diff I will be heading back on July 18.
foxridersco05

Post by foxridersco05 »

wdln wrote:You have to pull the transmission to get at the slave cylinder?
Internal slave my man. We haven't got it as easy as you Jeep boys :lol:

Pulling my trans means dropping my front suspension so I can pull my doubler, then removing my exhaust from the headers back, then pulling the trans. All to replace a part that's held on by two stinkin bolts.
89PBR96

Post by 89PBR96 »

Bray are you stuck?
foxridersco05

Post by foxridersco05 »

Just a lil bit haha. I guess I didn't try too hard to reverse out of it, it just kept diggin. Todd yanked me out no problem.
89PBR96

Post by 89PBR96 »

LOL all part of the wheelin your not having fun unless you get stuck You need to stop over and check out my new Jeep some time and I need to talk to you about the gears your buddy had or if he does
sparky

Post by sparky »

Not stuck. temporally halted.
foxridersco05

Post by foxridersco05 »

Sparky's got it.

There was too much risk to give it an honest effort. It was getting too close to hydrolocking range for my comfort. Plus I had a passenger saying something about his butt getting wet? IDK what that was all about, mine was dry :mrgreen:

Thanks for suggesting we take that leg of the creek Tim, I had a great time last weekend:

haha. I did get it swapped out in record time though. I started on it at 2:30pm on Sunday, pulled everything, opened up my doubler for inspection (I had it out anyways, might as well), got it sealed back up, tossed a new slave in there and threw everything back together. I drove it to work this morning :mrgreen:

I need a trans jack if I'm gonna be doing that too often lol.

Oh, and there was a LOT of water in my cases. Crazy stuff.

Its all in the game of wheelin. I'll know to steer clear of that section next go around haha.
Pertneer

Post by Pertneer »

I did some work on mine this weekend too. I took off the front dif cover and guess what came out. Not much more than water. :shock: That 's not good. So after a thorough cleaning and inspection it could not have been long with out dif fluid. So I got it all put back together and I saw why it was empty. The pinion seal was leaking faster than I could put it in. When I originally filled it it was on level ground and the pinion point just a little up. That is why I did not notice a leak. note to self "park it on a hill more often". So I changed the pinion seal. When I took off the drive shaft I noticed the other end was loose on the transfer case. I should have checked it better after my son "tightened it up good". Come to find out the bolt holes were full of mud and the bolt were tight. Wonder where that came from? Any way it is all back together and I think I got a little more steering out of it while doing so. :roll: